Administrative Assistant to the President
Job Overview: A Christian non-profit based in Grand Rapids, Mi, is seeking an Executive Assistant to the President. The candidate will be the principal administrative support person for the leader of this non-profit organization, thereby performing a vitally important role. The successful candidate will have a sincere interest in the mission, possess excellent administrative and relational skills, value attention to detail, and be able to handle a variety of activities and tasks. The office environment is informal but highly professional, requiring quality work and individual initiative. Each staff member is part of the team and must be willing to perform a wide breadth of activities.
Major Job Duties
- Presidential Scheduling: Maintain the schedule for the President including event arrangements and travel booking for both domestic and international travel.
- Represent the President and the Institute in a professional and congenial manner in person, in telephone conversations, and in written correspondence.
- Hospitably arrange, welcome and host guests of the President in the corporate office.
- Write letters and other correspondence for the President, including letters of agreement.
- Supervise expense reports and reimbursement forms for President.
- Prepare all travel related documents prior to trip for travel briefing with President.
Presidential Office Management
- Discreet handling of confidential information.
- Build and update Presidential contacts and network in the database.
- Assist with filing and organization of information.
- Assist with general office administrative tasks and meeting planning as needed. Takes minutes at staff meetings, create staff meeting outlines. Participate in brainstorming sessions for various projects.
- Responsible to be the liaison to the President when they are out of the building or the country.
- Maintain President’s CV, training and technical assistance schedules, and notebooks.
- Presidential Speaking and Conference Prep. Attend and assist at seminars and conferences where President is speaking when needed.
- Assist with tasks related to marketing, registrations, development of the agenda, and resource materials for meetings and conferences.
Board and Donor Relations
- Maintain communication between the President’s office and the Board, including planning board meetings.
- Maintain key donor relationships as directed by the President.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Commitment to maintaining compliance with organizations dress codes and policies.
- Passion and commitment to the mission of WAR, Int’l to create circles of protection around at-risk women and children.
- Always takes initiative and can anticipate with consistent follow through.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Confidentially handles various material.
- Experience in working with database management.
- Experience performing research utilizing the Internet.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to details.
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols.
- Knowledge of both domestic and international travel booking.
- The ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities.
- Flexibility and a willingness to perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- Flexibility to be on call 24/7.
- Ability to delegate.
- 5 + years’ experience necessary.