The Sales Advocate plays an important role at WAR International as the first and sometimes only interaction that many individuals have with the organization. The primary role of the Sales Advocate is to provide customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing excellent customer service, effective selling techniques, sharing the mission and passion of WAR Int’l, and providing in-depth product knowledge in a caring and unique retail environment.
All duties should be carried out to contribute to organization-wide growth in sales, increased productivity, increased purchases from our partners and community impact.
WAR, Int’l was established in 2006. We are represented in all 50 states, with partnerships in more than 50 countries, including the United States. Our goal is to create circles of protection and hope around women and children at risk through culturally sensitive, value-added intervention projects.
Part-time, non-exempt position. Must be flexible in scheduling and able to work a minimum of two Saturdays per month, during physical inventories performed three times per year and entire holiday season (October – December). Vacation is not allowed during the holiday season.
- 1-2 years customer service and retail sales experience preferred.
- Self -motivated, outgoing, energetic and enjoy working with people.
- Basic arithmetic and data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be a participant of a driven store team.
- Ability to attractively display merchandise according to company guidelines.
- Commitment to maintain compliance with Company dress codes and policies.
- Passion and commitment to the mission of WAR International to create circles of protection around at-risk women and children.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Greet, welcome customers and share the mission of the store according to WAR International Standards.
- Determine and understand customers’ needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits and partner stories, while addressing customer desires.
- Suggest additional items to build sales.
- Ring items on the Point-of-Sale system and either gift-wrap or package items to avoid damage.
- Provide customers with available partner information and gift cards, and invite customers back to store.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Record and follow through on special orders and customer requests.
- Maintain an awareness of store’s goals and initiatives and work to meet goals through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
- Maintain displays and back-stock through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Receive and stock orders as they are delivered.
- Perform price changes as directed by the Store Manager.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned by Store Manager.
- Work as part of an effective team, using your unique skills and abilities to contribute in a positive way while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service.