The Administrative Assistant is a full-time Administrative position. Reporting to the Founder and President while supervising the receptionist. Primary responsibilities include Presidential Office Management and maintenance of Board and Donor Relations. This position closely interacts with the CFO, COO, COS, and Receptionist. Travel is required on occasion.
WAR, Int’l was established in 2006. We are represented in all 50 states, with partnerships in more than 50 countries, including the United States. Our goal is to create circles of protection and hope around women and children at risk through culturally sensitive, value-added intervention projects.
Founder and President
Duties & Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the following tasks, as well as any additional tasks determined by the organization:
- Maintain Presidential Schedule: Keep the calendar for the President including meetings with staff, donors, event arrangements, and travel booking for both domestic and international travel.
- Represent the President and Organization: Show up in a professional and congenial manner including in-person communication, telephone conversations, and written correspondence.
- Host Guests: Hospitably arrange, welcome and entertain guests of the President in the corporate office.
- Compose Communication for the President: Write letters and other correspondence for the President including letters of agreement.
- Supervise Expenses: Maintain knowledge and awareness of expense reports and reimbursement forms for the President.
- Prepare Travel Needs: Arrange all travel related documents prior to trip and brief the President.
- Supervise Receptionist: Direct the Receptionist as needed and maintain knowledge of other administrative on goings.
- Presidential Office Management:
- Discreetly handle confidential information.
- Build and update Presidential contacts and network in database.
- Assist with filing and organization of information.
- Assist with general office administrative tasks.
- Engage in meetings including participating in the processes of scheduling, creating outlines, taking notes, and brainstorming.
- Act as the liaison to the President when they are out of the building or the country.
- Maintain the President’s CV including the maintenance of training and technical assistance schedules and notebooks.
- Prepare Presidential speaking and conference logistics and information. Attend and assist at seminars and conferences where President requests.
- Resource materials needed for meetings and conferences and assist with tasks related to marketing, registrations, and development of the agenda.
- Board and Donor Relations:
- Maintain communication between the President’s office and the Board
- Plan Board Meetings
- Maintain key donor relationship as directed by the President
- Other duties as assigned or needed
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience necessary
- Experience in database management
- Experience in research utilizing the internet
Skills & Abilities
- Flexibility to be on call 24/7
- Proficient computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and G-Suite
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- Commitment to maintaining compliance with organization policies and codes
- Passion and engagement in the mission of WAR Int’l to create circles of protection around at-risk women and children
- Willingness to take initiative and anticipate with consistent follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to details
- Knowledge of basic filing and organizational protocols
- Ability to follow directions, sometimes from multiple sources, and determine priorities