Part-time position with flexible hours under the general direction of the Controller and/or Accountant. Manages all aspects of the accounts payable processing and vendor inquiries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Routes invoices for approvals, reviews or assigns accounting codes, and enters the invoices for payment.
- Reviews expense reports for documentation and accounting codes; prepares and enters for payment.
- Submits the credit card transactions to card holders, reviews receipts and documentation for completeness, reviews accounting codes, reconciles the monthly statements and enters the invoices for payment.
- Prepares and processes the weekly accounts payable checks.
- Enters automatic payments.
- Maintains accounts payable electronic and hard copy files.
- Provides prompt supportive customer service to vendors in answering their questions.
- Assists with audit at fiscal year-end.
- Provides support in processing the 1099’s.
- Prepares reports for team members as requested.
- Serves as backup for other accounting staff.
- Other duties as assigned in support of WAR, Intl’s mission.
Education & Experience
- Accounts payable processing experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Some accounting education preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Accurate and detail-oriented with a strong proficiency in math.
- Computer knowledge – proficient in Excel.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.