Job Purpose: Under general direction of the Controller, manages the accounts payable and the payroll functions of the organization.
$18.00 – $20.00
- Routes invoices for approvals, reviews or assigns accounting codes, and enters the invoices for payment. Prepares and processes the weekly accounts payable checks.
- Submits the credit card transactions to card holders, reviews receipts and documentation for completeness, reviews or assigns accounting codes, reconciles the monthly statements and enters the invoices for payment.
- Provides additional accounts payable support, such as processing expense reimbursements and setting up automatic payments. Reviews vendor information for accuracy. Prepares and submits the 1099’s.
- Provides prompt supportive customer service to vendors in answering their questions.
- For the biweekly payroll, reviews and confirms staff timecards and makes corrections as needed. Adds new employees and their benefits. Posts changes for salary, deductions, and other adjustments as needed. Reviews the payroll reports for accuracy and finalizes the payroll.
- Provides additional payroll support, such as preparing the payroll journal entries, and reconciling the payroll accrual account. Prepares and submits the W-2’s.
- Provides prompt supportive customer service to staff in answering their questions.
Other duties as assigned
- Provides back up for other departmental functions, including annual renewals and filings.
- Three to five years accounting experience, including accounts payable and payroll experience. Prior nonprofit experience is a plus.
- Associates degree in accounting is preferred.
- Detailed oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.