Full-time position with flexible hours under the general direction of the Accountant and/or Controller. Records donations and prepares related reports, processes, and records transactions. Also assists with the audit. No travel required.
WAR, Int’l was established in 2006. We are represented in all 50 states, with partnerships in more than 50 countries, including the United States. Our goal is to create circles of protection and hope around women and children at risk through culturally sensitive, value-added intervention projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
This individual will be responsible for the following tasks, as well as any additional tasks determined by the organization:
- Receive donations via mail or online.
- Enter donations into the fundraising system, run reports upon completion, create general ledger entry, prepare deposit slip and print donor gift receipts for mailing.
- Enter sales journal entries from the store close reports into the general ledger.
- Prepare reports for missionaries.
- Process sales tax payments.
- Reconcile donations.
- Reconcile petty cash.
- Inventory/ consignment reports.
- Assist with month end close.
- Print year end donor statements at calendar year end for tax purposes.
- Assist with audit at fiscal year-end.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis.
- Maintain depreciation schedule.
- Maintain prepaid schedule.
- Prepare reports for team members as requested.
- And other duties as assigned in support of WAR, Intl’s mission.
Education & Experience
- Experience in a non-profit organization preferred.
- Some accounting education preferred.
Skills & Abilities
- Accurate and detail-oriented with a strong proficiency in math.
- Computer knowledge – proficient in Excel.
- A commitment to treat donor information with strict confidentiality.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet required deadlines.