Job Purpose: The Sales Advocate plays an important role at WAR International as the first and sometimes only interaction that many individuals have with the organization. The primary role of the Sales Advocate is to provide customers with a unique shopping experience by utilizing excellent customer service, effective selling techniques, sharing the mission and passion of WAR Int’l, and providing in-depth product knowledge in a caring and unique retail environment. All duties should be carried out to contribute to organization-wide growth in sales, increased productivity, increased purchases from our partners and community impact.
- Greet, welcome customers and share the mission of the store according to WAR, Int’l standards.
- Determine and understand customers’ needs by asking open-ended questions.
- Explain product features and benefits and partner stories, while addressing customer desires.
- Suggest additional items to build sales.
- Ring items on the Point of Sale system and either gift-wrap or package items to avoid damage.
- Provide customers with available partner information and story cards, inviting customers back to store.
- Anticipate and resolve customer service issues.
- Record and follow through on special orders and customer requests.
- Maintain an awareness of store’s goals and initiatives and work to meet goals through excellent customer service and effective selling techniques.
- Maintain an awareness and control of loss prevention through attentive customer service.
- Maintain displays and back-stock through regular cleaning, straightening and dusting.
- Receive and stock orders as they are delivered.
- Perform price changes and other duties and tasks as directed by the Store Manager.
- Work as part of an effective team, using unique skills and abilities to contribute in a positive way while respecting the roles and contributions of other team members.
- Contribute to overall sales growth of the store through excellent customer service.
- 1-2 years customer service and retail sales experience preferred.
- Self -motivated, outgoing, energetic and enjoy working with people.
- Basic arithmetic and data entry skills.
- Working knowledge of basic computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet.
- Ability to execute multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and be a participant of a driven store team.
- Ability to attractively display merchandise according to company guidelines.
- Commitment to maintain compliance with organizations dress codes and policies.
- Passion and commitment to the mission of WAR, Int’l to create circles of protection around at-risk women and children.
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Must be flexible in scheduling especially during physical inventories and entire holiday season (October – December).